This was an interesting weekend to say the least. First there was Knott’s Scary Farm on Friday night. It was definitely not as scary as I remembered though I did scream a couple of times. Those freakin’ monsters always got me with the hand in the face trick. We walked through a couple of mazes and topped the night off with Montezuma’s Revenge…which was awesome!! At the end of the night Francis and I agreed that while we had a lot of fun we would probably never go to Knott’s Scary Farm again. There are way too many people!!
Saturday was Krizzle’s birthday; we celebrated the Irvine Spectrum with dinner and a night of comedy. Javier’s was muy delicioso. The best part was when I spilled water all over Meghan while reaching for some very addicting chips…sorry dude.
So, I know Bionicbrian already wrote about this, but “yeah…boi.” We went to the 11:00 show of John Witherspoon (aka Ice Cube’s dad from “Friday”) at the Improv. Now I think going to the last show of the night is not a good idea because by 11 the comics are drunk, tired and bored. But I’m not sure that Mr. Witherspoon was much better for the first two shows. In fact, I’m not even sure why on earth he is allowed to do stand up comedy. The guy was so horrible Brian and I were laughing at him the whole time. His lack of talent was hilarious.
He started the set off with 3 minutes of “Friday” quotes. I don’t remember that movie well enough to understand what he was talking about. And to top it all off he does not articulate himself very well. There were whole sentences that sounded like a one-year-old’s chatter. His routine consisted of some random thoughts on real estate…who cares? Then talk of Bush’s bad week. “They should indict Colin Powel”…um, okay that was like five years ago. Then he commented on Shaq leaving the Lakers…um, are you serious? Didn’t Shaq leave over a year ago? But the real kicker was when he pulled out his list of “embarrassing black people.” Number one on the list…DIANA ROSS!!! Brian and I almost lost it. Did he really just start talking about Diana Ross? Has he watched TV or picked up a newspaper in the past 20 years? Number two…Michael Jackson. Okay, we thought, this could be a little more current. That thought was shot down as soon as Mr. Witherspoon went into a five-minute rendition of a Michael Jackson song circa 1978. He sang for the rest of the show. He ended the show with a “happy Halloween…oh and by the way, you can buy an autographed t-shirt for $20 or an autographed Polaroid picture for $20… or you can go on my website and buy my greeting cards.” His website? Well that’s “BANG BANG BANG BANG” four bangs dot com. It almost seems unreal. Brian brought up a good point though. If the show had been good we would have less to talk about… Happy Birthday Krizzle!!!
10.31.2005
that's four bangs.
Posted by
Rebecca
at
3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh man, that guy was awful. Awful. Rebecca guessed he wasn't a real comedian, he was just milking his Friday success for comedy club dollars. And good for him, I just wish we would have known that before we went.
Post a Comment