My Aunt Betsy hosted a shower for Phoebe, my cousin Rich's beautiful fiance, and I at her home in San Jose over the weekend. Abby, Carrie and I flew up on Friday night. Our flight was an hour and a half late, which wasn't a good start. But once we landed I got the news from Cesca that she was engaged. I was almost arrested in the airport for screaming so loudly. That kind of made up for the late flight.
Saturday morning we went to my cousin Thomas' baseball game. It was so cute. He played first base and got a couple of good hits. We all had a good time laughing at the completely clueless third baseman. The short stop would throw the ball at him and he would just stare blankly into space. It was awesome.
Phoebe (the bride), Meg (my cousin), Anne (my aunt), Judy, Abby, Carrie, Doris (my nana) and I showed up at Betsy's to start the festivities after the game. Betsy had yummy appetizers and plenty of wine and champagne to drink. I think we guessed about 4 bottles of champagne and 8 bottles of wine were consumed before we left for dinner at 7. Needless to say, we had fun! Phoebe and I opened a ton of awesome presents. My family is so generous. It was amazing. We played some games and then walked to downtown Willow Glen for dinner. The food was unbelievable and our waiter Corey wasn't so bad either.
After dinner we walked over to the Goosetowner for some karaoke and dancing. Phoebe and I had "bachelorette" hats and veils on. We looked like we were on our first communion. It was Carrie's first time in a bar and I think we set a high standard for her. After a glass of beer we were all on the dance floor. It was such a good time. I was singing with complete strangers, totally taking away their thunder. We all danced like maniacs. Carrie, Phoebe and I tried to rap "I Like Big Butts." apparently drunk white girls can rap!
The weekend was amazing. I'm so lucky to have such a fun, loving and giving family. Thanks to Betsy for putting it all together.
I posted pictures here.
Some of my favorites...



4.25.2006
San Jose Shower
Posted by
Rebecca
at
1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Man...there were some hot guys there! I especially liked the handsome fella with the plaid shirt and beanie! It looks like you all had a blast!!!!
My favorite was the one with Judy and Corey. I love how the pictures at the beginning of the night start very posed and you can see the how the drunkenness progresses through the night, almost like a flip book.
Sweet Jesus, the "dance with creep dice" picture was the funniest thing i have seen in some time.
um, who invited the homeless dancer?
Post a Comment