Yesterday was beautiful! I left work early for a doctor's appointment so I actually got to experience a day outside of downtown. The air was so clear and the mountains looked gorgeous. It really gives you a taste of what life would be like in a city with no smog. It's my favorite sort of day. Brisk, clean and bright. I love the end of winter, beginning of spring. Today isn't so bad either, though you can see the smog starting to hover.
(I won't mention the mini shopping spree I went on after the doctor. Something about the combo of a bad day but really cool weather makes me crave some retail therapy.)
I felt so inspired by the day that I started teaching George how to sew. He's really helpful. Especially when I had Dom's quilt laid out on the floor to pin. George did a great job of making sure that it was secure. He laid right on top of it. But he was extra cute when he sat on the table and very intensely watch the machine sew. And now Dom's quilt is almost done. I just need to quilt it and sew on a border. It only took 1 1/2 years...
end note...I can do 5 pushups! You read right...5, two over my goal. Probably more but Brian doesn't count them unless I touch my nose to the ground. (can you tell that he grew up in a military family?) Last night at the gym I did 5 with my nose touching the ground. Goddamn, I'm buff.
3.01.2007
Beauty day...
Posted by
Rebecca
at
7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I can't wait to see that quilt! I mean Dom can't wait. :)
Becky, wow 5 push-ups! I'm proud of you. Actually, you are going too far down if you're touching your nose. Your elbows should bend to 90 degrees. Have Brian put his fist directly under your chest. That prevents you from sagging your neck just to get your nose down there. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment