My mom and I have a really funny relationship. We're super close, but I feel like when we talk on the phone we don't really listen to each other. It's more like we want to hear each other's voices and feel comfortable ranting to one another. But since I've moved across the country I feel like we finally listen to one another. Sure, we have those meaningless "i miss you and just want to hear your voice" calls, but our real conversations have substance. We listen to each other and talk back and forth about the same topic. Not sure if you know us, but Judy and I have a tendency to ramble. So knowing that the two of us can actually have a coherent conversation is a big deal. We talk about feelings and tell stories with a connection.
So bottom line...I love my mom. I miss her and I'm happy that I can talk to her everyday. Thank you, Alexander Graham Bell.
6.12.2007
I heart my mommy
Posted by
Rebecca
at
9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
awww...i had a little tear...
Wow...I know what an accomplishment that is. Maybe this move will help your relationship grow and change in a positive way. :)
Post a Comment