Brian and I took a trip to Louisiana and East Texas for Grandpa Jim's funeral over the weekend. It was really nice trip, despite the circumstances. It was so cool meeting all of Brian's family and seeing his grandparents house. His grandpa was amazing and chronicled his entire life in these awesome scrap books. We loved reading all of his stories and seeing pictures of his childhood, life in the air force and with his family. The viewing and funeral were really perfect, the whole weekend was a great celebration of Grandpa Jim's life.
I also had a really good time visiting with Grandma Patsy. I can see where Patty gets her sweetness. I'm blessed to be a part of that family.
I'll post pictures soon. We went on a badass steam boat ride through the bayou.
7.08.2008
Posted by
Rebecca
at
12:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
So good you could come. Look forward to seeing pictures, Love Grandma Patsy
Please pass on our love and sympathy to Brian! I was so sorry to hear about his passing!
Love you
Bev
very sorry about grandpa jim. and, i hope you sang "born on a bayou" while riding on that steam boat!
Post a Comment