8.07.2008

almost 30...

So I turned 29 yesterday. I had a great birthday. A yummy dinner at Boca Chica and then drinks at "Please Don't Tell," a secret bar in the East Village. It was really cool. My husband did a good job!

I've decided to come up with some almost 30 resolutions. It's not that I'm afraid to turn 30, in fact I'm super excited about it. But I just thought that ending another decade is a good time to make some personal improvements. So within the next year I plan on:

1.) Getting healthy and fit. I want to feel comfortable in my own body.
2.) Saving money. 30s is baby time and babies require moola.
3.) Stopping the complaining. I have a rad life. I have an awesome, extremely loving husband. The best cat in the world. Amazing friends. And I live in New York. I don't need to waste time complaining about work and headaches and being tired.
4.) Working on my espanol.
5.) Keeping better in touch with all the people I love.

So that's it. Hold me to it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, B.

I admire you for getting on a Get-Ready-for-30 self-improvement kick. You are already so awesome, I can't imagine an even better Becky.

I think I will just copy that list for myself too.

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday. I like the keeping in touch part. Love Grandma Patsy

Nicholas said...

Almost 30 resolutions means you need to make "almost thirty" of them! So far you're 5 down with only 24 more resolutions to make!

...kristen... said...

a word of advice from your friend that's about to turn 30...i seriously doubt that your going to be super excited about turning 30 when your 2 weeks away from turning 30!! now, i didn't make a resolution list, so i can complain...i can't believe i'm gonna be 30!! i'm so old....waaaaa.

i'm stoked to see "baby time" in your list! if you have a boy, i hope it grows beards like brian. :)