8.07.2009

Happy Birthday


Prince, originally uploaded by b to the z.

I'm in my 30s now! Wow! Brian made a party for me last night. I came home to balloons, presents, and flowers (from Kristie and Curtis). Then Brian, Carrie, Will and I went to Prospect Park to sing-a-long to "Purple Rain." So fun! It's awesome to be in a big setting like that with everyone dancing and cheering.

"Purple Rain," for those of you who haven't seen it, stars Prince as "The Kid," a young musician just trying to make it big. I'm obsessed with this movie. When I was a kid, about 10 or 11, I got my own video rental card, without my parents knowing, and somehow was allowed to rent rated R movies. So I would sneak and rent "Purple Rain" all the time. I loved it! But it is not child friendly at all. Infact, it was almost rated X. It's full of sex, drinking, violence and great music. So fucking awesome!

At the end of the movie when Prince starts singing, "I never meant to cause you any sorrow" the whole park erupted in cheer. It was amazing and such a fun way to spend my 30th Birthday!

1 comment:

Scheyenne Zigzag said...

the more time passes, and the more I think Purple Rain was a great film