10.16.2005

rainy day

I love rainy days. We walked down to 2nd street this morning for coffee and breakfast, via the long way so we could cheer on the marathoners. I was having major memory overload... all the runners looked so tired and done. We stopped at Starbucks for some coffee and then went across the street for croissants. To our very pleasant surprise we ran into Kersten and her aunt. Kersten's uncle was running the marathon. He's training for Kona, too. I felt like saying, "yeah, well my friend nek is probably going to kick your husband's ass. he rocks." but I didn't say that because she seemed really proud. The rain came while we were outside enjoying our croissants so we got to walk all the way home in the rain. It was so refreshing. Later in the afternoon we went to see "elizabethtown"... very disappointing. Now we are relaxing and watching "elf"...one of our favorites.
I love rainy sundays!!!

2 comments:

...kristen... said...

yeah dude, "the walks" need to take action again. they're always more fun in the fall too...we can wear scarfs!

Anonymous said...

I love "Elf." Its Christmas Cheer makes me forget that Armageddon is coming.