7.10.2007

This is going to be a long one...

I've pretty much sucked at this whole posting thing lately.
We went to Shorthills, NJ for my Nana's funeral. Everything was beautiful. She would have loved it. And she would have especially loved being the center of attention.
here's a pic of my mom and her brothers and sister.

jim, rich, mom, betsy, chris

After Shorthills, Carrie came to stay with Brian and I for a couple of days. We went to Brooklyn to see Superchunk play. It was rad. Brian was so stoked. Carrie fell in love with New York. duh, who wouldn't? She took a double decker bus tour and melted in the sun, but loved it. We took her to dinner in the East Village and hung out in our hood.

Brian and Superchunk

oh jesus...wtf?

I went home for my cousin, Davis', wedding a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice. He was super nervous, it was cute. The wedding was at the glass church in Palos Verdes and the reception was at the Japanese Gardens in Cal State. Beautiful settings. Some of my fav pics.

IMG_5526.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

We hung out with Wendi, Aja, and Jason on the 4th of July. It was fun. We at Rue-B in the East Village, then got drinks at a German bar on the lower east side. Hefeweizen is yummy. Really yummy. So are pretzels. Then we headed to Jason's place in Stuyvesant Town to drink beer and watch fire works over the East River. It started raining just as we headed outside, but that didn't stop the celebration for America! Oh yeah, and Brian and Wendi madeout.

should I be worried?

what?

Brian and I went for a rad bike ride last Sunday. We rode down to Batterypark City and had lunch at Kitchenette. It was yummy. They have the best pink lemonade and deserts. It was really cool to ride along the water. There were so many people out and about, laying out on the grass. I need to join them because I'm white as hell. I don't have any pics. But I do have a map of our route. check it out on My Google Maps. Yeah, I said Google. Brian okayed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't anything happen in between Davis' weeding and the fourth of July? Geez no love for your bbfl. Just kidding. That was quite a bike ride you guys did. I didn't even know you could create a map like that on google, cool.

...kristen... said...

what die hard americans your are... fireworks n beer in the rain!