8.01.2007

Hudson River Honeys

So I joined a gym about a month ago. I've been working out with Aja and Wendi. It's really cool to have workout partners, especially when they're as out of shape as you. No offense, ladies. Wendi mentioned that she wanted to start swimming. There are a couple of gyms w/ pools in the city. So we went to went to buy suits, goggles and caps. We ended up getting matching suits...so cute! And with matching suits our swim team was born. Kristie helped us name it, Hudson River Honeys.

The HRH's had their first practice last week. It was rough. Way more hard than I thought. But then we kept at it and swam a couple days later. That session went great. I even did a 50 of fly! Thank god there are no video cameras in the pool. We've been really good about pushing ourselves and trying new strokes. We use the boards to kick and the leg floaty things, which I'm sure have proper name, to work our arms.

It's really fun. The best part has to be the reaction of swimmers/lifeguards when we walk into the pool w/ matching suits. We look HOT!!!!

Speaking of hot...it's scorching today!

And no... I will not be posting photos of the Hudson River Honeys anytime soon.

3 comments:

Nicholas said...

good thing you went to all those water polo games and swim meets to cheer on your friends way back in high school. Now you know everything there is to know about starting a swim team.

...kristen... said...

pull buoys...that's what the floaty leg thingy's are called. :)

Anonymous said...

I hearby solemly swear that I shall not post any new pictures of Audrey until I get a picture of you girls in your matching suits!