1.13.2006

i heart new york...

New York was great! The weather was amazing!! Work was exhausting. I always feel like such a loser while I'm there. Rather than go out every night enjoying the city, I end up going to an early dinner and falling asleep by 11:00. It's hilarious. I did go out with Wendi on Tuesday...we got hammered. It was not planned but so fun! We opted to steer clear of "Two for Tuesdays" to support our new year's diet. But I don't think eating nachos and having 10 drinks keeps the weight off. And I know the 1am walk to Duane Reade for Cheez-its didn't help. good times...

I was so tired on the flight home...I was crying through The Parent Trap. (Shake says it well, I feel sooo emootioonaallll.) Dude, that movie kinda sucks. Susan and Sharon were really mean to Vicky, their would-be stepmom. Vicky is a bitch but come on. They put honey on her feet and tie her up while she's sleeping so the bears can get to her. Hello, bears ATTACK people. I can't imagine the relationship between human and bear was that much different in 1961. And then Hecky plays it off "oh, those little bear cubs wouldn't hurt you." Um, their mom would.
And last time I checked punching your ex-husband in the face is not cool. Maggie does not know how to win her love back. And why is that only Verbena and the dog can tell that the twins switched. Shouldn't a parent realize these things. I'm so sure the girls would have the same mannerisms. And what are these names? Hecky and Verbena?

Am I really analyzing The Parent Trap?



4 comments:

...kristen... said...

hahaha...as i'm commenting on your blog, i got an e-mail letting me know you commented on my blog. SO TRANSIT-Y.

anyway...i love the parent trap. i think i'm going to cut my hair like those twins. do you have a bowl i can borrow?

Anonymous said...

That was the strangest thing I've ever read. You just got hardcore on The Parent Trap. Since you did I might as well go there. In 1961 did they not know about actual twins and that they could have used a real set of twins instead of making one girl play both parts? Why was your movie playing The Parent Trap anyway? Random

Anonymous said...

How did "I heart NY" turn into an analysis of the Parent Trap? You crack me up!

Rebecca said...

Cesca, obviously they had to use the same person to play the role. Because in real life you would be able to tell the difference between the sisters. That just adds to the lameness. But I still love that movie!